Diagnostic testing such as standardized bloodwork, biomonitoring (the practice of testing human blood, urine, or other fluids for the presence of environmental chemicals) and other tests may be necessary to identify underlying conditions, nutritional deficiencies and proper dosages and then retesting to determine progress and effectiveness of this program for you or you child.
We have extensive knowledge in these areas and can provide a sound treatment plan based upon your individual test results. Notable results can usually be seen in just a few weeks. In the past three decades, electromagnetic research has confirmed the existence and locations of acupoints.
Blood Analysis: Pure and Natural
Objective, comprehensive evaluations can provide a different perspective in helping to determine the reasons for you or your child’s learning and behavioral obstacles.
Since ADHD appears as a neurological disorder and chiropractic care helps reduce nervous system disturbances, many patients who want a natural, non-drug solution have found chiropractic care helpful, even miraculous.
Chiropractic Care and ADHD
Hyperactivity isn’t the result of a shortage of Ritalin®! Instead, we look for disturbances to the nervous system.
We almost always see problems caused by the spinal distortions in the upper neck. In fact, this link between the spine, brain stem dysfunction and ADHD is common. A thorough chiropractic examination can reveal noticeable spinal distortion, even a reversal of the normal neck curve. With a schedule of safe and natural chiropractic adjustments, these often resolve, reducing nervous system tension.
Traditional Treatment of ADHD
The artificial approach to controlling symptoms of ADHD is to administer regular doses of methylphenidate. Most commonly referred to as Ritalin®, this is a schedule II controlled substance related to, and producing similar effects as, amphetamines and cocaine. The side effects, including personality changes and permanent changes to the brain, cause many parents to wisely look for alternatives. More and more are wisely turning to chiropractic.
Common ADHD Symptoms
- Inattention, hyperactivity and being easily distracted
- Difficulty concentrating and sitting still
- Inability to control impulsive thoughts and behaviors Easily distracted by noises and activities
- Always moving—fingers, hands, arms, feet or legs
The suggestions below may help. Begin by making nutritional and lifestyle changes. Rule out environmental factors by reducing your exposure to substances that are increasingly common these days:
- Remove food dyes, preservatives and additives from the diet.
- Focus on natural, organic foods grown without pesticides or herbicides.
- Determine if an allergy is involved such as dairy or gluten; if so eliminate.
- Eliminate all sugars and artificial sweeteners.
- Reduce the use of cleaning agents, detergents, fabric softeners and other chemicals.